NYC cycling link love: 10 things to keep your wheels turning this week.
1. Top: Catch South African artist Robin Rhode’s powerful Chalk Bike, part of his Borne Frieze installation at the Lehmann Maupin Gallery in New York through August 21 .
2. Nobody captures the joy of New Yorkers on two wheels like Bill Cunningham of the Times. View his On the Street slide show.
3. Next up: Citi Bike will expand to Cobble Hill, Carroll Gardens, Gowanus, Park Slope and Red Hook in 2016.
4. Capturing tears of joy at learning to ride a bicycle.
5. Proof that car-free commuting helps you lose weight and keep it off.
6. Popular demand: This “next generation” bicycle helmet raised more than $800,000 on Kickstarter.
7. New helmet-hair fix? A cream that acts as both a dry shampoo and a texturizer.
8. Get your athleisure wear on downtown at the new Athleta store in Soho.
9. Munich is eyeing a 14-path cycling “Autobahn” to encourage car-free commuting.
10. You know all about the benefits of protected bike lanes. Now check out the first protected intersection, and learn why it makes streets safer for all users.
Enjoy your weekend!
Top photo: Lehmann Maupin Gallery