No Sweat: A Girls’ Guide to Bicycling in New York City
Bring your friends – and your questions — to a lively panel discussion about women’s cycling in NYC that I’ll be moderating at Bike Expo New York on Saturday, May 4 at 1 p.m.
I’m thrilled to introduce the amazing panel of women who ride every day, and who will share their perspectives on integrating cycling into life in the city:
- Julie Hirschfeld, Founder of Adeline Adeline bicycle shop
- Dani Simons, Director of Marketing for NYC Bike Share, the operators of Citi Bike bike share system
- Caroline Samponaro, Senior Director of Campaigns & Organizing at Transportation Alternatives
- Diane Jones Randall, Director of Custom Publishing at NBC Universal’s iVillage, recently started riding for recreation and fitness
- Stephanie Kaplan, a 2013 Women’s Cycling Ambassador for Specialized Bicycles, NYC bike commuter and racer
From the latest on bike share to building confidence on city streets to practical tips on riding in comfort and arriving in style, we’ll cover it all.
There will also be a prize drawing for a lovely tailored reflective rain cape from our friends at Cleverhood.
What: No Sweat! A Girls’ Guide to Bicycling in NYC, Panel Discussion presented by velojoy.com and Bike New York
When: Saturday, May 4, at 1 p.m., following the Momentum Magazine Bicycle Fashion Show
Where: Main Stage, Pier 36, Basketball City (Along the East River at South Street and Montgomery Street) Map it.
Come join the conversation. Can’t wait to see you there!