Hollywood Girl Power Rides a Bike: How does a leading symbol of the new Hollywood Girl Power shave precious minutes from her jam-packed schedule? By using a bicycle. Elizabeth Meriwether, creator of the comedy series New Girl, is so busy writing and supervising production of the sitcom that she sometimes overnights on her couch at work, according to a profile last weekend in the WSJ Magazine. Meriwether shuttles between her office and the set on a pink Schwinn LuLu bicycle. Although writer/producer reportedly cares little about Hollywood glamor, she follows in the path of Tinseltown luminaries like Lauren Bacall who piloted around around studio sets.
- Words of wisdom in the wake of the Lance Armstrong doping debacle:
If you want the beauty (of bicycle racing) back in your life, open up the front door, ride down the road, and remember what’s it’s like to propel a bicycle forward. It will make everything else go away.
– Richard Sachs, legendary bicycle builder
- Sarah Goodyear asks: Can we finally declare peace in the war with cars?
- How a bike ride can boost the effectiveness of your flu vaccination.
- Help inspire the next generation! Register for the Youth Bike Summit in New York City on Feb. 15 – 17.
- Artist Ai Weiwei’s eye-popping homage to China’s primary means of transportation.
- Infographic: The top 3 reasons why people ride bicycles…and why they don’t.
- Keep your resolutions on track! From our wellness partner Well + Good, 7 best wellness books of 20013
- The best of city cycling street style on Pinterest.
- The “social” or side-by-side bicycle design favored for flirting by courting couples and newlyweds.
Snap! velojoy is on Instagram. Follow us!
Top photo: Darcy Hemley