During the winter months, when the NYC bike lanes are quieter and fewer weekend events appear on the calendar, we’re dedicating our Friday post to cycling link love — a curated selection of 10 posts that grabbed our attention this week and that we hope you’ll find entertaining, thought-provoking and useful:
- Look closely at the photo above. Artist Nirit Levav creates life-size dog sculptures from old bicycle chains. View all the breeds.
- Get your winter ride on. Bicycle Habitat is hosting a free everything-you-need-to-know clinic on Jan. 30.
- Bully for whimsical bicycle storage!
- Bangable Dudes on Bikes? We blush.
- Off the menu? NYC mayoral candidate Christine Quinn says bike lanes are off limits as dinner party conversation.
- Towns in the Netherlands are hoping to test heated bike lanes for winter cycling. Here’s the NYC solution: Plan your route to follow subway lines, they’re the last streets to freeze over. More winter cycling tips!
- Losing their heads. In a good way. New life for de-commissioned parking meters means 12,000 more bike racks for NYC.
- A fashion designer who dresses A-list celebs shares her secrets for looking great in the bike lanes and on arrival at the office.
- New to our cycling lexicon: Coffeeneuring.
- And finally, in #doprah news: Lance Armstrong’s new performance-enhancing drug of choice.
Photo: Nirit Levav