Saturday, April 28 – New Amsterdam Bicycle Show Fashion Show
New York City cyclists, including Mike Albo, author of The Underminer, and actor/activist Matthew Modine (rumored) roll onto the catwalk at 2 p.m. Saturday for “Postcards from New Amsterdam,” a runway show of fashions for stylish, fuss-free city cycling at this weekend’s New Amsterdam Bicycle Show. Presented by Hudson Urban Bicycles and Momentum Magazine, the looks combine spring pieces from leading designers with bicycling-specific apparel and accessories.
5 more reasons to visit NABS this weekend:
- More than 70 exhibitors — View bicycles, gear, apparel and accessories.
- The Little Bike Shop — Our pop-up shop with Adeline Adeline offers a unique selection of beautifully made, handcrafted cycling accessories at Booth No. 16.
- Bikelandia — Readings, book signings and expert panels on an array of bike related topics from bike share to the local racing scene. Appearances by Bike Snob NYC, author of The Enlightened Cyclist; Steven Rea, author of Hollywood Rides a Bike; Grant Petersen of Rivendell Bicycle Works; and Sarai Snyder, editor in chief of girlbikelove.com and creator of CycloFemme. Check the entire Bikelandia schedule.
- The Back Terrace – Offers free pints from Grolsch Lager, plus food by Vandaag and coffee from Brooklyn Roasting Company.
- Bike Valet by Transportation Alternatives – Ride your bike to the show and park it securely.
Bobbin Bicycles Launch Party at Adeline Adeline
Adeline Adeline in Tribeca hosted the U.S. launch of Bobbin Bicycles, a line of retro-inspired city bicycles that debuts at the New Amsterdam Bicycle Show. Beatles albums displayed among the bikes helped set the tone for the crowd of local cycling enthusiasts, representatives from the industry and members of the media who gathered for cocktails and a preview of the line of four men’s and women’s city bicycles, plus accessories such as panniers and rain wear, in the Bobbin line.
Coming Next Weekend:
Saturday, May 5 – 14th Annual Blessing of the Bikes
Kick of Bike Month or your participation in the next day’s TD Five Boro Bike Tour or the spring cycling season in general with the annual Blessing of the Bikes at 9:30 a.m. at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine in Manhattan. The brief ceremony in the magnificent sanctuary annually draws people of all ages the faiths. Information: www.theblessingofthebikes.com