My favorite part of the holiday season – aside from visiting the tree at Rockefeller Center and checking out the window displays at Barneys – is shopping for presents. My series of posts on gifts for cyclists continues here with a dozen stocking stuffer (and Secret Santa) picks for friends and family who love to bike.
1. Reflective pin, Po Campo, $18 – Boosts visibility with style. Sturdy, waterproof, 3 x 3.
2. Wool Monkey Socks, Sock Guy, $11.95 – Merino wool combined with polypropylene for strength and durability. Shrink-resistant and itch-free.
3. Beetle Safety Light, Knog, $22.95 – Flexible silicon body, quick-release mounting. 2 LEDs, 4 modes.
4. Coffee Cup Cozy, Flapper Girl, $12 – Handmade and eco-friendly.
5. Velo 5 Cycling Computer, CatEye, $25 – Entry-level. 5 functions include current speed, max speed, odometer, trip distance and clock. Handlebar mount, large screen.
6. Lip Balm #1, Kiehl’s, $7.50 – Protects lips from drying in wind and cold weather.
7. Cycling Shoe Toe Covers, Terry, $22 – Keep toes warm during cold-weather cycling. Reflective.
8. Fingerless Gloves and Wrist Warmers, Impossibly Alice, $25 – Lambs wool and acrylic, handmade.
9. Flying Bicycle Trifold Wallet, Mary May, $22 – Printed canvas with 5 card slots, plus zippered change pocket and Velcro® closure.
10. Classic 18-oz. Water Bottle, Klean Kanteen, $18.45 – Food-grade stainless steel with BPA-free cap. Wide-mouth design for easy cleaning and filling.
11. Karen Spring Strike Brass Bicycle Bell, Crane, $13.95
12. PhD Cycling Ultra Light Mini Socks, Smartwool, $15.95 – Merino wool, nylon and elastic. Ultra-light cushioning and skin-tight fit. Ideal for mountain biking.